Established in 2015 MiMadre has been a labor of love and commitment by Bethzaida "Betsy" Cordero McGuire. MiMadre unofficialy opened in 2012, when Betsy left her six-figure job in the intelligence community to embed herself in the local community to get to know the immigrant circles and their interface with area services. Working closely with immigrant families, she was able to understand the process and the robust list of services available in Montgomery County, MD. Combining this knowledge with a great group of advisors from around the state an idea became a reality. Betsy has built up a fantastic program which lends to the effectiveness and reputation of the organization. MiMadre is about extending the reach of one person to postively impact the lives of many. The more people we affect, the better our community workforce and environment.
MiMadre envisions communities that are harmonized in diversity, where people not only enjoy equal justice under law, but regardless of their race, religion or national origin, can share in the resources that permit us all to work together to build a better world.
Our mission at MiMadre is the pursuit of the following principles:
- Commitment: MiMadre wants to inspire confidence, learning and community spirit in immigrant families and instill a sense of hope in the future.
- Responsibility: The focus of MiMadre is to prepare women in establishing goals and following through on commitments.
- Possibility: MiMadre wants to expand the perspective of immigrant women to make them aware of Life’s possibilities.
- Support: All individuals thrive in a strong support system. MiMadre believes in surrounding young immigrants in a caring, inclusive learning environment.
1. Families reach their full potential when they enjoy an equal respectful partnership with the community.
2. Families are children’s first and best teachers.
3. Information and training enrich and empower families to build strong community ties.
4. All families deserve the opportunity to live learn and participate fully in their communities.
- Bethzaida "Betsy" McGuire
MiMadre Corporation is a 501(c)3 tax exempt public charity, founded under the laws of the State of Maryland. Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the Law. Consult your tax advisor regarding specific questions about your deductions.